20,000th Lamborghini Huracán Rolls on the line in Italy

  • The 20,000th Lamborghini Huracán was built, an STO painted in Grigio Acheso Matt, destined for a Monegasque customer.
  • 71% of Huracán buyers opted for coupes, while 32% of sales were made in the United States.
  • Lamborghini claims that 60% of Huracáns have been personalized through the company’s Ad Personam program.

    For most of Lamborghini’s history, the Italian supercar brand only managed to sell a few hundred vehicles a year. But that changed when the Gallardo arrived in 2003 – the V-10 junior supercar sold just over 14,000 units during a ten-year run. This blew its predecessor, the V-8-powered Jalpa, out of the water, with just 410 Jalpas sold between 1981 and 1988. But the Gallardo’s follow-up, the Huracán, proved even more successful, and Lamborghini announced Thursday that it has built the 20,000th example of the V-10-powered supercar that entered production in 2014.

    Lamborghini

    The 20,000th Huracán to roll off the Sant’Agata Bolognese line was an STO, the track-focused, high-performance version inspired by the Huracán EVO Super Trofeo race car. This record breaking STO was finished in Grigio Acheso Matt paint for a client in Monaco.

    Along with the announcement, Lamborghini provided some details on how Huracán customers have ordered their supercars so far. 71% of Huracán owners opted for a coupe version, while the remaining 29% wanted the ability to lower the top to better hear the naturally aspirated 5.2-liter V-10 sing. The United States was Huracán’s largest market, with 32% of sales, with the United Kingdom and China rounding out the top three.

    The majority of Huracáns have come with some form of customization, with 60% of the 20,000 units sold so far through Lamborghini’s Ad Personam customization program. Lamborghini says customers took inspiration from colors, trims and materials, from furniture and clothing to makeup and gemstones. Central Europe, Japan and the UK were the main markets for the Ad Personam division. With STO production underway and the recent introduction of the Tecnica model, the Huracán should continue to increase sales ahead of the arrival of a plug-in hybrid model in 2024.

    This content is imported from {embed-name}. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.

    This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io

    Comments are closed.