Zoning articles for the municipal assembly | eHop
The City of Hopkinton Planning Board held a public hearing on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. into proposed zoning bylaw amendments. The purpose of the proposed amendments is presented below. This hearing was held pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 53 of the Statutes of 2020, as amended. For details, please email John Gelcich, Principal Planner, at [email protected], call the Department of Land Use, Planning and Permits at 508-497-9745. Read the public legal notice. Watch the meeting on YouTube, the discussion begins 42 minutes into the meeting.
1. Amend zoning bylaws to establish a dimensional table as a summary reference to the appended bylaws.
2. Amend the zoning bylaws to refer to the uses listed in the bylaws in the singular, to create consistency where currently some uses are listed in the singular and some in the plural.
3. Amend zoning bylaws to change all references in the bylaws to be gender neutral.
4. Amend Article I, General Provisions, Section 210-3, General Applicability, to explicitly state that only one single family dwelling may be permitted per lot. In addition, Article I, General Provisions, Section 210-4, Definitions, would be amended to include the definition of “primary use”.
5. Amend Article XVIII, Supplementary By-Law, Section 210-124, Off-Street Parking, B. Parking Requirements, to create a new category for parking compliance (“Laboratory, Research and Development, and Industrial Uses”) ; reduce the amount of parking required for warehouse use; and include the word “space” or “spaces” where appropriate to resolve a consistency issue.
The following proposed article will be the subject of a public hearing at a later date: